The Guild is keen to promote the achievements of young people and particularly the value we should place on the need for apprentices in all professions to ensure Coventry remains a prosperous and dynamic city. The guild is looking for young people who have shown exceptional ability in their chosen apprenticeship and whose achievements will inspire others.
From the entrants a maximum of six finalists will be selected, three from organisations with 200 or fewer employees, and three from employers with more than 200 employees. The finalists will be invited for interview on Tuesday 12th September 2023. All of the six finalists will be invited to the Apprentice of the Year Awards Dinner on the evening of Tuesday 26st September 2023.
- the awards are open to all apprentices/trainees who were undertaking a contracted training programme linked to a recognised career path including during the academic year September 2022 to July 2023
- candidates will be at least 16 years of age – there is NO upper age limit
- the candidate must either work and/or attend college within the Coventry district
- the candidate need not be in the final year of their apprenticeship or training
- a company may sponsor up to a maximum of 4 candidates (including any put forward by the training provider)
- training organisations/colleges may sponsor up to 4 candidates from each of the companies that they provide training for (the maximum of 4 candidates from each company will include any the company put forward themselves)
- the closing date for submitting applications is Monday 21st August 2023
The judging panel will be comprised of people drawn from the Guild, community, business and academia. The decision of the judging panel will be final and no communication on the decision will be entered into.
Find out more information here: https://issuu.com/benham/docs/c_w_may_23/s/24221771