During the COVID-19 pandemic, Warwickshire businesses have reported on the many different operational changes they have made to their businesses in order to remain relevant and sustainable. This is said to have significantly changed the skills required for immediate operational needs and newly emerging skills for future growth.
Changes such as these have positively prompted employers to reflect on the skills sets of current employees and evaluate how existing staff might upskill, creating opportunity for The Warwickshire Skills Hub and the Coventry and Warwickshire Apprenticeship Provider Network to offer guidance to businesses when exploring suitable apprenticeships and offer various supportive funding along the way.
The Warwickshire Apprenticeship Progression Programme is designed to support small to medium size businesses through such a journey, offering a £1000 incentive combined with full qualification funding through the Warwickshire County Council Apprenticeship Small Business Programme.
The programme is available to Warwickshire businesses who are wishing to invest in the progression of their staff and build upon a previous qualification which contributes to the new needs of the business.
The programme offers a £1000 incentive which is paid directly to the employer and supported to meet the needs of the business.
- The programme is available to Warwickshire micro andsmall to medium size businesses.
- Applications are limited to 5 apprentices per business.
- The learner must have completed a previous apprenticeship with the current employer in the last 3 years.
- There is no requirement for the apprenticeship to be at a higher level than the previous apprenticeship, however the new apprenticeship must support the business and individual employee progression.
- The Apprenticeship must be delivered by an approved Coventry and Warwickshire apprenticeship provider(As per the C&W Apprenticeship Directory).
- £1000 incentive per apprentice – £500 paid to the business on completion of apprenticeship start declarations, £500 paid on satisfactory first assessor visit – Both to be confirmed by apprenticeship provider to WCC before payment is released.
PLEASE NOTE – The programme application process requires evidence of previous learning with current employer and a Business Skills review.
For further information or to request a Warwickshire Progression Programme application form, please contact the Warwickshire Skills Hub team on email@example.com